My new book, Data Visualization and Exploration with R, is scheduled for publication on September 20th, 2018. Our newest class, Introduction to R for Data Visualization (Charts, Graphs, and Maps), is also based on this book.
You can pre-order a digital version of the book below for $39.00.
Today, data science is an indispensable tool for any organization, allowing for the analysis and optimization of decisions and strategy. R has become the preferred software for data science, thanks to its open source nature, simplicity, applicability to data analysis, and the abundance of libraries for any type of algorithm.
This book will allow the student to learn, in detail, the fundamentals of the R language and additionally master some of the most efficient libraries for data visualization in chart, graph, and map formats. The reader will learn the language and applications through examples and practice. No prior programming skills are required.
We begin with the installation and configuration of the R environment through RStudio. As you progress through the exercises in this hands-on book you’ll become thoroughly acquainted with R’s features and the popular tidyverse package. With this book, you will learn about the basic concepts of R programming, work efficiently with graphs, charts, and maps, and create publication-ready documents using real world data. The detailed step-by-step instructions will enable you to get a clean set of data, produce engaging visualizations, and create reports for the results.
What you will learn from this book
- Introduction to the R programming language and R Studio
- Using the tidyverse package for data loading, transformation, and visualization
- Get a tour of the most important data structures in R
- Learn techniques for importing data, manipulating data, performing analysis, and producing useful data visualization
- Data visualization techniques with ggplot2
- Geographic visualization and maps with ggmap
- Turning your analyses into high quality documents, reports, and presentations with R Markdown.
- Hands on case studies designed to replicate real world projects and reinforce the knowledge you learn in the book