Today, GIS and data science are indispensable tools for any organization, allowing for the analysis and optimization of decisions and strategy. Python has become the preferred programming language for both GIS and data science, thanks to its open source nature, simplicity, applicability to data analysis, and the abundance of libraries for any type of algorithm.
From government and universities to new start-ups and big tech like Google or Microsoft, the use of Python for has become a standard tool. Python is a simple and very versatile language (numerical analysis, web development, data analysis, etc.). This module introduces programming in Python, focusing on data analysis and the most efficient libraries for data science including Pandas and Numpy.
The course methodology is designed under the “learning by doing” maxima. The student will learn the language and applications through examples and practice. No prior programming skills are required.
- Module 1: Creating Variables and Assigning Data
- Module 2: Working with Basic Data Types (Strings, Numbers, Booleans)
- Module 3: Advanced Data Types (Lists, Tuples, Dictionaries)
- Module 4: Advanced Data Types (Classes and Objects)
- Module 5: Decision Support Statements, and Loops
- Module 6: Working with Functions
- Module 7: Error Handling
- Module 8: File Handling
- Module 9: Advanced Numeric Analysis with Numpy
Course Formats and Pricing
You can also register for classes using our registration form.