Creating Web Maps in ArcGIS Online
August 4 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This half-day course focuses on the new Map Viewer, taking a small amount of time to highlight how it is different from Map Viewer Classic but spending the majority of time detailing its advanced capabilities.
You will learn to navigate the Map Viewer interface and work with the primary components of the layout. You will create a map that includes a custom basemap, custom pop-ups with multiple content blocks, and multiple label classes on a single layer. You will use smart mapping techniques to explore and find meaning in a dataset which will help you use additional smart mapping techniques to symbolize data in the map. By the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of Map Viewer basics which will allow you to begin building custom and creative maps on your own.
- Module 1: Introduction to the new Map Viewer
- Module 2: Customizing Basemaps
- Module 3: Configuring and Customizing Pop-Ups
- Module 4: Configuring Multiple Label Classes
- Module 5: Smart Mapping to find Meaning in Data
- Module 6: Techniques of Symbolizing Layers