My new book, Spatial Analytics with ArcGIS, is scheduled to be published in May 2017.
Spatial statistics has the potential to provide insight that is not otherwise available through traditional GIS tools. This book is designed to introduce you to the use of spatial statistics so you can solve complex geographic analysis.
The book begins by introducing you to the many spatial statistics tools available in ArcGIS. You will learn how to analyze patterns, map clusters, and model spatial relationships with these tools. Further on, you will explore how to extend the spatial statistics tools currently available in ArcGIS, and use the R programming language to create custom tools in ArcGIS through the ArcGIS Bridge using real-world examples.
At the end of the book, you will be presented with two exciting case studies where you will be able to practically apply all your learning to analyze and gain insights into real estate data.
- Introduction to Spatial Statistics
- Measuring Geographic Distributions with ArcGIS Tools
- Analyzing Patterns with ArcGIS Tools
- Mapping Clusters with ArcGIS Tools
- Modeling Spatial Relationships with ArcGIS Tools
- Working with the Utilities Toolset
- Introduction to Programming in R
- Creating Custom ArcGIS Tools with ArcGIS Bridge and R
- Case Study: Application of Spatial Statistics to Crime Analysis
- Case Study: Application of Spatial Statistics to Real Estate Analysis
The book also serves as material for our Introduction to Spatial Statistics using ArcGIS and R class.