In this two day class you’ll learn how to use perform spatial statistical analysis using ArcGIS Pro and R. In the first half of the course we’ll explore the spatial statistics tools found in the Spatial Statistics toolbox of ArcGIS Pro including how to measure geographic distributions and map clusters. Using ArcGIS Pro geographic distribution tools you’ll learn how to calculate the central feature, determine directional distribution, linear directional mean, mean and median center, and standard distance. Cluster analysis will include generating hot spots, cluster and outlier analysis, grouping analysis, and similarity search. In the second half of the course you’ll learn how to connect R to ArcGIS Pro to create custom R spatial tools that integrate additional spatial statistical analysis including autocorrelation and autoregression.
- Module 1: Introduction to Spatial Statistics in ArcGIS Pro
- Module 2: Measuring Geographic Distributions
- Module 3: Analyzing Patterns
- Module 4: Mapping Clusters (Hot Spot Analysis)
- Module 5: Modeling Spatial Relationships with Linear Regression in ArcGIS
- Module 6: Introduction to R and RStudio
- Module 7: The R-ArcGIS Bridge
- Module 8: ArcGIS Binding Package
- Module 9: Building an ArcGIS Script Tool with R
16 GISP Credit Hours
None at this time
Our live-online classes are conducted from 9:30 – 5:00 each day. Classes are delivered via GoToTraining. You will receive an email containing login instructions for the GoToTraining session on the Wednesday before class begins.
None at this time
Class will be held each day from 8:30 – 4:00 at the location provided above.
Add instructor support for $100 below. Support is provided by email, chat sessions, or phone.
Our self-paced classes are delivered through our online training platform. You will be emailed instructions for creating a login and activating your course. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can progress through the course at your own pace. The same applies to the exercise. The course does not have an expiration date.