Today, GIS and data science are indispensable tools for any organization, allowing for the analysis and optimization of decisions and strategy. Python has become the preferred programming language for both GIS and data science, thanks to its open source nature, simplicity, applicability to data analysis, and the abundance of libraries for any type of algorithm.
From government and universities to new start-ups and big tech like Google or Microsoft, the use of Python for has become a standard tool. Python is a simple and very versatile language (numerical analysis, web development, data analysis, etc.). This module introduces programming in Python, focusing on data analysis and the most efficient libraries for data science including Pandas and Numpy.
The course methodology is designed under the “learning by doing” maxima. The student will learn the language and applications through examples and practice. No prior programming skills are required.
- Module 1: Introduction, History, and Features of Python
- Module 2: Configuration and Installation of Python
- Module 3: Running Scripts in Python
- Module 4: Creating Variables and Assigning Data
- Module 5: Fundamental Data Types (Strings, Numbers, Lists, Tuples, Dictionaries, Objects)
- Module 6: Decision Support Statements, Loops and Functions
- Module 7: Numpy for Fast Numerical Data Processing
- Module 7: Efficient Manipulation of Datasets using Pandas
- Module 8: Best Practices for Python Programming
Course Formats and Pricing
Class will be held each day from 8:30 – 4:00 at the location provided above.
Our live-online classes are conducted from 9:30 – 5:00 each day. Classes are delivered via GoToTraining. You will receive an email containing login instructions for the GoToTraining session on the Wednesday before class begins.
You can also register for classes using our registration form.