This half-day course focuses on Experience Builder, highlighting how it is different from Web AppBuilder and detailing its advanced capabilities. You will explore the extensive list of well-refined templates that can be used out-of-the-box or reshaped and customized to fit the needs of your project. The course will dive into style and content settings for dynamic widgets, how to build an Experience from a template or a blank canvas and how to add widget actions and triggers to create an even more dynamic application for your target audience. You will learn how to optimize your Experience for mobile screen viewing so that users can access your application from a single, intelligent URL. Finally, you will learn a few tips for managing your Experiences and templates.
Course exercises will give you the hands on experience you need to get familiar with the layout, customization capabilities and functionality that will have you quickly building your own Experiences beyond the classroom.
- Module 1: Introduction to Experience Builder and a comparison with Web AppBuilder
- Module 2: Experience-Builder Basics and Creating an Experience from a Template
- Module 3: Exploring Style and Content Settings for Customizing Widgets
- Module 4: Configuring Dynamic Widget Interactions, Triggers, and Actions
- Module 5: Mobile Optimization for Varied Screen Sizes
- Module 6: Managing Templates and Experiences
4 GISP Credit Hours
This course is intended for students who have some knowledge of ArcGIS Online and are looking to expand on their understanding of how to create interactive, online applications. Though it is recommended that students have some experience in developing online map applications, it is not necessary. No scripting skills necessary.
Students need to have their own computer hardware and an ArcGIS Online Creator user-type or higher with a valid login.