Sponsoring a training event allows you to partner with Geospatial Training Services, a highly trusted GIS training organization, to bring high quality training to your organization and other potential students in your region. As a local host of our training events your organization will also be eligible for complimentary training seats at the event.
We have a full time staff of trainers that travel across the country and internationally teaching various GIS courses including:
- Programming ArcGIS with Python
- Advanced ArcGIS Programming with Python
- Building ArcGIS Applications with Web AppBuilder
- Telling Your Story with StoryMaps
- Introduction to ArcGIS Pro
- Introduction to ArcGIS Desktop
- Introduction to ArcGIS Online
- Intermediate ArcGIS Online
- Introduction to Spatial Statistics using ArcGIS and R
- Introduction to QGIS
- Our full list of GIS classes eligible for sponsored training events
How the program works:
As a local host of a sponsored training event your organization agrees to provide a facility where the event will be held (we can help you with this), and assistance with marketing and event coordination. What you get in return is complimentary attendance for 2 students in your organization, discounted training for other students in your geographic area, and an opportunity to highlight your organizations profile and engage with members of the local GIS community.
Advantages of being a local host:
- Complimentary attendance for 2 students in your organization
- Discounted training for other students in your area
- Opportunity to highlight your organization’s profile and engage with members of the GIS community from your region
Requirements of being a local host:
- Provide a facility to host the training event (up to 18 students). We can work with you on this if you don’t have a facility. We have a network of facilities throughout the U.S. that we can use if necessary.
- Help with marketing the event to other potential students in your geographic area.
- Help with coordination of the event.
- Workshops must be open to individuals outside your organization. We do provide exclusive training events for organizations as well under a separate program.
Recently hosted events:
- Arizona Department of Game and Fish – Phoenix, AZ
- Learning ArcGIS Pro 1: Fundamentals – October 26th and 27th
- Montana Department of Commerce – Helena, MT
- Programming ArcGIS with Python Workshop – Introduction – August 7th and 8th
- Programming ArcGIS with Python Workshop – Intermediate – August 9th
- Introduction to Spatial Statistics using ArcGIS and R – August 10th and 11th
- San Antonio River Authority – San Antonio, TX
- Learning ArcGIS Pro 1: Fundamentals – October 17th and 18th
Contact [email protected] for more information on these course or to become a sponsoring organization.