Field Maps for Mobile Data Collection
October 10 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day class teaches you workflows for creating and collecting data both online and offline using ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Field Maps. Students start with an introduction and use cases for Field Maps, followed by an in-depth lesson on creating editable features in ArcGIS Online and configuring Smart Forms in Map Viewer and Field Maps Application. Smart Form configuration lessons will include learning how to use Arcade to design conditional visibility of fields based on previous field entries.
From there they will learn how to create Offline Areas and download them to the Field Maps application on their mobile device. They will also learn how to add offline areas directly on the mobile device without having to first package them in ArcGIS Online. Lastly, they will learn how to configure Collection Settings on the device application, collect and edit observations through various methods, and finally how to create and share map markups.
- Module 1: Introduction and Creating Editable Feature Layers in ArcGIS Online
- Module 2: Configure Pop-Up’s and Smart Forms in Map Viewer
- Module 3: Configure App Settings and Smart Forms in Field Maps Application in ArcGIS Online
- Module 4: Packaging and Updating Map Areas for Offline Use
- Module 5: Collecting, Editing, and Syncing Data in Field Maps