Today, data science is an indispensable tool for any organization, allowing for the analysis and optimization of decisions and strategy. Python (along with R) has become the preferred software for data science, thanks to its open source nature, simplicity, applicability to data analysis, and the abundance of libraries for any type of algorithm.
From government and universities to new start-ups and big tech like Google or Microsoft, the use of Python for big data and data science has become a standard tool. Python is a simple and very versatile language (numerical analysis, web development, data analysis, etc.). This module introduces programming in Python, focusing on data analysis and the most efficient libraries for data science including Pandas.
The course methodology is designed under the “learning by doing” maxima. The student will learn the language and applications through examples and practice. No prior programming skills are required.
- Module 1: Introduction, History, and Features of Python
- Module 2: Configuration and Installation of Python
- Module 3: Running Scripts in Python
- Module 4: Creating Variables and Assigning Data
- Module 5: Fundamental Data Types (Strings, Numbers, Lists, Tuples, Dictionaries, Objects)
- Module 6: Decision Support Statements, Loops and Functions
- Module 7: Efficient Manipulation of Datasets using Pandas
- Module 8: Best Practices for Python Programming
Course Formats and Pricing – Python for Data Science 1
Our live-online classes are conducted from 9:30 – 5:00 each day. Classes are delivered via GoToTraining. You will receive an email containing login instructions for the GoToTraining session on the Wednesday before class begins.
Our self-paced classes are delivered through our online training platform. You will be emailed instructions for creating a login and activating your course. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can progress through the course at your own pace. The same applies to the exercise. The course does not have an expiration date.
You can also register for classes using our registration form.