In Part 1 of the Programming ArcGIS with Python Workshop you will learn introductory level programming ArcGIS with Python skills. This class is based on the book Programming ArcGIS with Python Cookbook (2nd Edition), written by our owner, Eric Pimpler. The course materials are applicable to ArcGIS Desktop 10.3, 10.2, and 10.1.
In Part 2 of the Programming ArcGIS with Python Workshop you will learn intermediate level programming ArcGIS with Python skills. This class is based on the book Programming ArcGIS with Python Cookbook (2nd Edition), written by our owner, Eric Pimpler. The course materials are applicable to ArcGIS Desktop 10.3, 10.2, and 10.1.
When you register for the bundle that includes Parts 1 and 2 of the Workshop you get a 15% discount.
This course is offered in a variety of formats including live-classroom, live-online, instructor guided-online, and self-paced. This is a hands-on style workshop with lots of exercises designed to teach you how to automate your ArcGIS geoprocessing tasks with Python. The workshop is designed around the content of the book. In addition to all the workshop materials, each student will also receive a copy of the book and lifetime access to all the course content over the web.
Course modules for Part 1 include:
- Module 1: Introduction to Arcpy, ArcPy Mapping, and ArcPy Data Access
- Module 2: Managing Map Documents and Layers
- Module 3: Finding and Fixing Broken Data Links
- Module 4: Automating Map Production and Printing
- Module 5: Executing Geoprocessing Tools from Scripts
- Module 6: Creating Custom Geoprocessing Tools
- Module 7: Querying and Selecting Data
Course modules for Part 2 include:
- Module 1: Using the Arcpy Data Access Module with Feature Classes and Tables
- Module 2: Listing and Describing GIS Data
- Module 3: Customizing the ArcGIS Desktop Interface with AddIns
- Module 4: Error Handling and Trouble Shooting
- Module 5: Using the ArcGIS REST API with Python to Access ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online
- Module 6: 5 Things Every GIS Programmer Should Know
24 GISP Credit Hours
Course Formats and Pricing
Class will be held each day from 8:30 – 4:00 at the location provided above.
Our live-online classes are conducted from 9:30 – 5:00 each day. Classes are delivered via GoToTraining. You will receive an email containing login instructions for the GoToTraining session on the Wednesday before class begins.
Our self-paced classes are delivered through our online training platform. You will be emailed instructions for creating a login and activating your course. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can progress through the course at your own pace. The same applies to the exercise. The course does not have an expiration date.
You can also register for classes using our registration form.