In this introductory class you’ll be introduced to the popular QGIS Open Source GIS software. After learning how to load data into QGIS from popular GIS formats including shapefiles, geodatabases, CSV files, and others you’ll then learn how to visualize and style the data, edit data, and manage data. You’ll learn how to add basemaps, work with projections, label layers, and create print jobs. Web mapping is very important so you’ll also learn how to publish your maps online using the QGIS Cloud service. Next, you’ll learn density, visibility, and suitability analysis. Finally, you’ll learn how to model and automate workflows using the Graphical Modeler. You’ll create, edit, and share models, and learn the basics of automating your analysis with Python scripts.
- Load GIS data into QGIS including shapefiles, rasters, geodatabases, CSV files, GPS, OpenStreetMap
- Adding basemaps
- Work with projections
- Grouping and re-ordering data
- Styling vector and raster datasets
- Layer rendering
- Format your print jobs with legends, scalebar, compass, overview maps
- Publishing maps online with QGIS Cloud service
- WMS and WFS settings for QGIS Cloud
- Density, visibility, and suitability analysis
- Automating data analysis with the QGIS processing framework
- Using the Graphical Modeler
- Implementing workflows
- Creating, editing, and sharing models
- Automating analysis with scripts
- Module 1: Introduction to QGIS
- Module 2: Managing Data
- Module 3: Visualizing Data
- Module 4: Creating and Editing Vector Data
- Module 5: Data Analysis
- Module 6: Sharing Your Maps
16 GISP Credit Hours
Course Formats and Pricing – Introduction to QGIS
Add instructor support for your self-paced class. Support is provided by email, chat sessions, or phone.
Our self-paced classes are delivered through our online training platform. You will be emailed instructions for creating a login and activating your course. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can progress through the course at your own pace. The same applies to the exercise. The course does not have an expiration date.
You can also register for classes using our registration form.