At ArcGIS 10, the ArcMap editing environment has an updated look with streamlined access to functionality, a new feature template palette for creating features, and a more interactive snapping environment. The result is reduced button clicks, simpler workflows, and quicker completion times for all your data compilation tasks.
• The updated interface provides streamlined access to the tools you need.
• The feature template controls how new features are created by setting the target layer (feature class), where features will be stored, the attributes that features can be created with, and the default tool used to create features.
• The new editing environment has a more interactive snapping feature.
This course takes you through a basic workflow for editing in ArcGIS 10 that uses the tools on the Editor toolbar and Create Features window. The workflow is the same whether you are editing geodatabases or shapefiles or using an ArcView®, ArcEditor™, or ArcInfo® license.
- Introduction to Editing in ArcGIS 10
- Creating Features
- Creating Features from Other Features
- Editing Existing Features
- Editing Attribute Tables
8 GISP Credit Hours
Course Formats and Pricing
Our self-paced classes are delivered through our online training platform. You will be emailed instructions for creating a login and activating your course. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can progress through the course at your own pace. The same applies to the exercise. The course does not have an expiration date.
Class will be held each day from 8:30 – 4:00 at the location provided above.
You can also register for classes using our registration form.